So, here’s the bottom line after researching and using One World Whey™ for over 3 years now…
Clearly we have many options when it comes to protein supplementation. There are also many REASONS for using protein supplements in the first place. If you are going to use protein supplementation for any reason, it makes sense to use a product that gives you the most benefits possible.
Cold processed whey appears to be the best protein powder for maintaining and encouraging lean muscle mass while detoxing the body and providing numerous other health and immune system benefits.
- Whey is the most efficiently absorbed protein available – even better than the egg standard.
- Sourced from grass fed pastured cow milk on an Amish farm.
- Rare cold processing eliminates dangers of denatured heat pasteurized products typically found in stores.
- Special processing removes Lactose – so it’s safe for those who are Lactose intolerant.
- Boosts Glutathione levels in the body and supports detoxification of heavy metals.
- Contains multiple immune enhancing factors such as Lactoferrin and biologically active Immunoglobins not available in typical whey powders.
- The most delicious protein powder I’ve ever tasted – even better than ones loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners. One World Whey™ is made with real vanilla, chocolate or strawberries. Actually tastes great with just water, although I usually use UNSWEETENED almond milk or raw goat milk for a creamier texture.
- Super clean ingredients: Made from the world’s finest ingredients. TruCool™ unrefined, bio-active whey protein concentrate from grass pasture cows, (flavors of either – Choc. Van. Straw), maltose, dextrose, xanthan gum.
- Does not contain complex carbohydrates, so if you’re looking for a balanced meal replacement with complex carbs this may not be the best option for you. For a meal replacement powder with protein, carbs, fiber, omega 6 & 3 I highly recommend a rare cold processed hemp protein.
- One World Whey™ is made from grass fed cow milk, so if you are vegan or do not consume animal products this may not be the protein for you. In this case, I would again recommend cold processed hemp protein.
One World Whey™ is clearly not the cheapest protein on the market. However, it is the most absorbable and you get the additional detoxifying and immune boosting benefits. So, when you take into account the additional health and immune boosting properties inherent in using the product it seems clear that One World Whey™ is the best whey protein – and the best choice for your health. You are getting a huge benefit above and beyond just protein – therefore you are getting a good VALUE.
It’s costing me about $50 per month to use this product daily – right about what I was spending at the local health food store on the lower quality heat processed whey before I found this. To me there’s no comparison. It tastes so much better and has all the immune enhancing qualities of the cold processed whey. Plus I’ve noticed better muscle tone when on One World Whey™. The 5 lb. containers are convenient and last me about 3 months. I keep a 5 lb. container of all three flavors in stock so I can switch up flavors often. All 3 flavors are delicious – even when mixed alone with water.
I’ve also reduced my meat consumption since I’ve been using the product. I just feel better taking the cold processed whey protein over meat proteins – and the research I’ve done indicates that higher intakes of cooked proteins creates toxins for the body to further deal with.
The products listed below have all been heated to 145 degrees for 30 minutes, or 158 degrees for 15-20 seconds. The preceding information revealed that heat unfolds and damages proteins and amino acids, making them unusable. For sensitive people with gut-permeability problems the damaged whey protein in these inferior products may cause an allergic response. One World Whey™ will not with most individuals. Click on image below for a larger view.
I’m a big fan of using food to prevent disease and optimize my health. Whey protein benefits are hard to ignore. Cold processed whey apparently has many additional health and immune benefits beyond protein. To me the price is reasonable when you take into account the additional benefits and the fact that it is GMO free, does not contain sugar or any chemicals, and is sourced from grass fed pastured cows.
Because the product is cold processed they recommend not using high speed blenders to mix your shake. If you must use an electric blender because you’re adding fruit, ice, etc. then blend everything else FIRST – then fold in your protein on a low speed. The high speed blending creates heat that slightly damages the protein. Not a lot, mind you – but you’re buying a high quality protein so why destroy part of it right before you eat it.
Personally, I use a blender bottle with one of those wire whisk balls – www.blenderbottle.com.
TIP – add a couple of inches of liquid first before you add your powder. Otherwise the powder can tend to stick around the bottom edge where the wire ball can’t reach…
I just use raw whole goat milk or unsweetened almond milk, One World Whey™ powder, and a couple of other powder supplements. See my superfood recipe below…
- Raw whole goat milk, raw cow milk or unsweetened almond milk (chocolate or vanilla depending on One World Whey™ flavor)
- 1 scoop One World Whey™ powder
- 1 teaspoon trace mineral powder – Mineral Magic – containing 76 minerals and trace elements.
- 1 teaspoon Capra Mineral Whey – 100% Natural, Mineral Rich, Electrolyte replacement from Goat-Milk Whey. Excellent way to alkalinize an acidic body. May encourage flexible, healthy joints.
Shake vigorously with a blender bottle and enjoy!
TIP – Strawberry One World Whey™ is great with unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Chocolate strawberry shake anyone?
TIP – If you are taking whey protein following a workout, do not combine with any carbohydrates or sugar (including fruits). Carb or sugar consumption following exercise will shut down your HGH (human growth hormone) production, while consuming protein alone within 30 min. or so will encourage growth hormone production. Just take your carbs an hour or so later to replenish glycogen reserves.
For more on how I increase my production of human growth hormone visit my full review of HGH.
To Your Health!
Senior Editor, BIO SPA